Thursday 16 May 2013

A bit of a tart...

Well, now that I've got your attention please let me explain, not that sort of a tart, but a bit of tart on top of a lot of cookie. Oh yes.


I wouldn't be any sort of a blogging friend if I didn't share this recipe with you all, because believe me these are lush. (whether you opt for the tart bit or not).

So way back in February our little rhubarb plant looked like this.


Cute, little and full of springtime promise. It certainly has delivered all it promised - and more.

So we are being inventive with recipes now - as much as I love a good crumble it's really only a pudding in our house, and these cookies? Well they can be eaten any time of the day, not just after a meal!! My very inventive title?
Rhubarb and white chocolate chunk cookies.
Descriptive non?!

Do try this at home (especially if you're experiencing an abundance of rhubarb) I find any fruit combo will work as it does add a lovely tartness to offset all that sweetness, but I guess you could also add nuts or dried fruit as well...the choice is yours. The not so secret ingredient to why these are so yum is the quantity of condensed milk they contain. Well, I didn't say they were good for you did I?!

 1 Cut up the 'barb into bitesize chunks cover with some sugar for 15 mins in the oven under foil.
 2 Get stuck in (now the time to bring in the little'uns) and mix that dough and that white chocolate!
 3 Flatten small chunks of dough into cookie shapes and press your rhubarb in the middle of each disc
 4 Pop in the oven for 25 mins and tuck in.

So this is my little version based upon our first try when we used raspberries and white chocolate. For the proper recipe instructions click the link!

And enjoy.

x




5 comments:

  1. This looks so good!

    Www.themindofanexchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect - my teeny tiny rhubarb plant has yielded it's first fruit but it is not enough for a pudding. It is enough, however, to go on top of these cookies, and I have white chocolate in the cupboard, too... Excellent! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy ... I love rhubarb ... must give these a go ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I need to scrounge some rhubarb from someone ... soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading. If you fancy leaving a comment, please do. It'd make my day! x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow TWO + TWO